OP3FT China is the local branch of the OP3FT in China.
OP3FT China is responsible, in relation with and under the control of the OP3FT, and in compliance with local laws, for promoting, protecting, and ensuring the progress of the Frogans technology in the form of an open standard for the Internet, available for all, free of charge.
OP3FT China can participate in the drawing up of technical specifications of the Frogans technology, in the development of software implementations, as well as in the drafting of policies. OP3FT China ensures that the Frogans technology is well-suited to specific local characteristics, and its work is carried out by a local team.
In order to ensure proximity with Internet standardization and regulation bodies, and with major technological universities, OP3FT China is based in Beijing, at the following address: Beijing, Chaoyang District, No.20 East Middle 3rd Ring Road, 4/F, Room 512.
OP3FT China was entered in the social credit register on October 23, 2019 under number 91110108MA01N90674. Its legal form is a WFOE (Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprise). Its General Manager is Mrs. YIN Li.
OP3FT China is a member of the Internet Society of China (中国互联网协会).
OP3FT China is financed by the OP3FT through a "Master Service Agreement" whereby OP3FT China provides and bills services to the OP3FT related to the promotion, protection and progress of the Frogans technology.
How you can get involved
- To take part in the work of OP3FT China, contact the General Manager of OP3FT China, Mrs YIN Li: yinli (at) china (dot) op3ft (dot) org
- To keep abreast of announcements and other news relating to the Frogans technology, subscribe to the Announcement mailing list (in English)
What has been accomplished so far
- Setting up of OP3FT China under the responsibility of Jérôme Delacroix, Head of local branch development of the OP3FT. The first steps were taken in 2013, notably through preliminary studies, gradually building a network of contacts in China, and defining the framework for long-term cooperation between the OP3FT and OP3FT China. From a legal standpoint, the Chinese law firm JunHe was selected for legal assistance, notably for overall legal engineering and for choosing WFOE (Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprise) as the legal form of OP3FT China.
- Presentation of the Frogans technology and of the creation of OP3FT China to various Chinese official bodies. These bodies include notably:
- the Internet Society of China (中国互联网协会); presentation available here.
- the Computer Network Information Center (中国科学院计算机网络信息中心) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (中国科学院); presentation available here.
- the China Academy of Information and Communications Technology (中国信息通信研究院).
- Two collaborative innovation projects with the École Centrale de Pékin, the Sino-French Engineer School of Beihang University, in 2018-2019 (presentation available here) and again in 2019-2020 (presentation available here). These projects involved engineering students who designed advanced user interactions using Frogans as a medium.
- Participation in various events, such as the China Internet Conference in Beijing, and Hong Kong Arbitration Week.
- Research to understand the ecosystem and regulation of the Internet in China.
Frogans is a new medium for publishing content and services on the Internet in the form of Frogans sites. From a technical standpoint, this medium is designed as a new generic software layer running on top of the original Internet infrastructure, alongside other existing layers such as E-mail or the World Wide Web.
Position of Frogans as a medium on the Internet:
Frogans as a medium is intended to be complementary to the World Wide Web, and not to replace it. This is analogous to instant messaging, which was not intended to and did not replace E-mail as a medium for exchanging messages on the Internet.
Compared to the World Wide Web, the new medium is intended to suggest publishing content and services which involve visual rather than text-based communication, focused content rather than long pages, and natural interaction rather than complex user interfaces.
Frogans sites can be used to publish any kind of content and services.
For further information, see the official Web site of the Frogans technology.
Last update: September 16, 2020.
© OP3FT - Legal information