Welcome to OP3FT中国!
简体中文 English Français
OP3FT中国, located in Beijing, is the Chinese local branch of the OP3FT. Its role consists in the promotion, protection and progress of the Frogans technology in China.
On this Web site, you can learn about OP3FT中国's mission regarding the Frogans technology and the current status of OP3FT中国's development. You will also find an introduction to the Frogans technology. We also suggest several ways for you to get involved.
Last update: December 8, 2017.
Introduction to OP3FT中国
OP3FT中国 is the local branch that the OP3FT is currently setting up in China. The OP3FT (Organization for the Promotion, Protection and Progress of Frogans technology) is a Standards Developing Organization (SDO) that develops Frogans technology in the form of an open standard, available to all Internet users worldwide, free of charge.
OP3FT中国 will be a WFOE (Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprise) and will eventually include a Chinese team of 15 to 20 people serving the Chinese communities, with a degree of local autonomy. In order to ensure proximity with Internet standardization bodies and with major technological universities, this team will be based in Beijing.
What we want to do
The mission that the OP3FT has entrusted to OP3FT中国 is to promote and develop Frogans technology in China, in compliance with the OP3FT's Bylaws and carried out by a local team, while making sure that Frogans technology is well-suited to usage requirements and to regulation of the Internet in China.
OP3FT中国’s participation in the production of Frogans technology will involve, among other things:
- doing research and development
- writing technical specifications
- producing source code
- carrying out tests
- writing documentation
- writing policies and contracts
For more information, you can consult the original document presenting the OP3FT 中国 project, published in June 2016.
What we have accomplished so far
As of December 8, 2017, the OP3FT has:
- selected the legal form of OP3FT中国: a WFOE
- defined OP3FT中国’s business model: OP3FT中国will be financed exclusively by producing elements of the Frogans technology and selling them to the OP3FT
- drawn up a three-year + provisional business plan for OP3FT中国, designed to ensure its long-term existence
- identified and contacted Chinese law firms that could help with the administrative formalities required to create OP3FT中国
- entrusted Jérôme Delacroix, Head of local branch development of the OP3FT, with a mission to lead OP3FT中国’s opening and startup, and then to support OP3FT中国’s future director with his/her relationships with the OP3FT
- the OP3FT presented the Frogans technology and the OP3FT中国 project to official bodies
- pursued its 2013 commitment to a structured approach for monitoring and understanding the ecosystem and regulation of the Internet in China, by means of documentary research, requests to local experts, and participation to various events in 2016 and 2017, such as the China Internet Conference in Beijing, and Hong Kong Arbitration Week
The OP3FT is currently investigating various financial arrangements for immediately funding both OP3FT中国's start-up costs and its operating expenses for the next three years. The OP3FT continues to build a network of contacts who could provide assistance in setting up and developing OP3FT中国, managing administrative and legal matters, recruiting its employees, and with purely practical considerations.
Generic software layers of the Internet
Since its creation in the early 1960s, the Internet has enabled data transfer in a standardized manner, by using computer networks that make up the infrastructure layer of the Internet. This data is transmitted thanks to protocols that make up the traffic and routing layer of the Internet.
To use this data, Internet users go through generic software layers. For example, to send or receive an email, users make use of the “E-mail” generic software layer. To browse Web sites, they use the “World Wide Web” generic software layer.
The “World Wide Web” generic software layer, where today we find hundreds of millions of Web sites published in every country in the world, was introduced on the Internet in the early 1990s.
Frogans, a new generic software layer of the Internet
The Frogans layer is a new generic software layer that is currently being introduced on the Internet, in parallel with the existing generic layers. With the Frogans layer, users will be able to visit sites of a new type, called Frogans sites, that are based on a different format than Web sites. This format was designed to allow users to explore and interact with online content in a simpler and more secure way.
For Internet users, the Frogans layer technology is invisible, universal (it works the same way on all of their devices and on all networks), offers end-to-end security, and protects their privacy.
The Frogans layer is a new standard communication space accessible to everyone over the Internet. It concerns all sectors and, for example, makes it possible to create new secure modes of online interaction in the following domains: e-commerce, e-government, e-banking, IoT, the industrial Internet, social media, personal publishing, etc.
Presentations to official bodies
In August 2017, the OP3FT presented the Frogans technology and the OP3FT中国 project to the Internet Society of China (中国互联网协会) and to the Computer Network Information Center (中国科学院计算机网络信息中心) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (中国科学院). The presentation materials used during these meetings are available at the following permanent URL:
How you can get involved
You can get involved right now:
- To take part in OP3FT中国’s missions or to obtain additional information, contact Jérôme Delacroix, Head of local branch development at the OP3FT:
jerome (dot) delacroix (at) op3ft (dot) org
- To keep abreast of important news about the Frogans project and of progress in the creation of OP3FT中国, subscribe to the Announcement mailing list (information in English)
©2012-2018 OP3FT - Legal information